Thursday, August 6, 2009

Prayer Experience

LISTEN, IT'S A NEW DAY!



"This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24




Listening for God each day with prayer, offers me time to listen more closely to my Creator speaking power and balance into a world in need of life and hope. 

Listening helps me hear creation; sounds of moving cars; voices of laughing people; quick chirping harmonies of birds after a rainy day; footsteps of early morning walkers on a wet pavement, announcing as life opens wth a wide smile and a welcoming message, "Listen, It's new day!" 

Listening draws me closer to God's word and will as it helps me to step back and step up to the plate to do my part, and to take a look at what God has prepared with the dawning and making of another new day. 

Listening gives time for my heart to rejoice and give thanks in all things: God's hidden mysteries and revealing mighty works of love; faith's active role playing on the stages of life, and yes, the start of a continuous path and yet, a new journey on the road of uncovering, discovering and recovering the God in me. Listen, It's a New Day!



Dr. Charlotte B. Sydnor, Pastor

Shorter Chapel AME Church

Franklin, Tennessee

No comments:

Post a Comment