Thursday, August 20, 2009

Be Still

Be still and know that I am GOD... psalm 46:10

I am busy
I am blustered
I am bewildered
I am bothered
I am broken
and it is still morning.

I will wait
I will stop
I will slow down
I will be still
I will rest
I will relax
I will recoup
I will regain
I will recover

Thank you Lord for allowing me to experience trials. For knowing who you are allows me to be still. Thank you Lord, for refreshing me as I stop long enough to hear from you. Thank you Lord, for rebuilding me, as I have been down. Thank you Lord, for restoring me, as I acknowledge my broken areas. Thank you Lord, for reviving me, as my spirit longs to hear your voice.

I am still
I can hear
I can feel
I can see
I can smell
I can taste
I am still
And I know you are GOD.

Rev. Troy Thomas, Pastor
Historic St. Paul AME Church - Lexington, KY

2 comments:

  1. Rev. Troy, this prayer says it all. Thank you God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rev. Thomas:

    Thank you for reminding us to be still. There are times when it seems to get too busy at home. But God lets us know, that He is still in charge and we are to take time to listen to Him. I thank God for Bishop McKenzie's vision from God for "Praycation," and allowing you to post your prayer on the site.

    Re. Linda M. Brown

    ReplyDelete