Friday, February 5, 2010

Then Sing My Soul


I extol thee O God and praise shall continually flow from my mouth in all seasons. There are times when I sing with the psalmist "My God, my God why hast thou forsaken me?" Yet I must also sing "you have kept me from my mother's womb." Help me today to know that my circumstances do not determine your goodness. You are fully present in my circumstances and I have hope that the grace I experienced yesterday has prepared me for your brand new mercies today.

I set aside moans and complaints and replace them with praise and thanksgiving. Bring me to a place where like Paul, no matter whatever state I'm in contentment calls my name.

Go with me now through this day. I thrive in your ordering of my steps. In Jesus name, Amen.

VMM

No comments:

Post a Comment