Saturday, February 20, 2010

Won't You Give This To Me?


The Lenten Journey

“The Work of following Christ is like working with a psychotherapist who has a clear insight into what is wrong with us. With incredible accuracy, God puts his finger on exactly the spot that needs attention at the precise time in our spiritual growth. If we are hanging on one last shred of possessiveness, he comes along and says, often through some person or event, “Won’t you give this to me?”

Thomas Keating in Invitation to Love

“O the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways. (Romans 11:33)

Eternal and all wise God, I release everything and everyone into your care. I’ve held on to stuff so long I forgot to trust you, the one from whom all blessings flow. Forgive me for trying to take your place to do things beyond my mortal resume.

Thank you for putting your divine finger in the exact spot on my spiritual landscape. Thank you showing me what needs my undivided attention. Your things had gotten lost in my things, the things of this world. Thank you for waiting until the moment was ripe for intervention.

I appreciate how you confirmed through others it was time to let go. Yes Lord, I give this to you. I give you everything and everyone trusting you leaning not unto my own understanding.

In Jesus name, Amen.

VMM

No comments:

Post a Comment