Thursday, February 18, 2010

Sit Quietly


“As a deer longs for flowing streams, so my soul longs for you, O God." Psalm 42:1

“Silently now I wait for thee, ready, my God, thy will to see. Open my eyes, illumine me, Spirit divine!”

Clara H. Scott

I step out of traffic today, Lord, to sit quietly with you. All around me there is movement but within me I have found a place of rest where I can listen. My soul thirsts for you, my flesh faints for you as in a dry and weary land where there is no water.

I have been longing for a moment to sit in the waiting room of your presence. Expand the boundaries of my heart to make room for compassion for others.

Expose my weaknesses so that I can gather strength from your righteousness.

Forgive me when I hid my light under a bushel to make someone else feel comfortable.

Whisper a quiet assurance of your protection and power.

Saturate me with a love so that all who feel discarded will feel treasured.

Since your steadfast love is better than life, I will praise you, out of my mouth will flow a sacrifice of praise.

In Jesus name, Amen.

VMM

THE LENTEN JOURNEY

Join the Lenten Journey today. The Journey includes, daily prayer on this site, daily devotions in the Read section of www.thisisyourwakeupcallonline.com written by different people from all over the world and a Daniel Fast. Look at the prayers and messages of this week for more information. Sign up in the comment section here or on Wake Up Call. Subscribe today.

God has been waiting for us for a long time to step out of traffic and into the throne room of the Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment