Thursday, February 25, 2010

Here I Am Lord


“Come to me, you who toil and are burdened. I will be your refuge and your rest. I share your yoke with you, and I understand. Don’t be afraid. I’m gentle and humble-hearted. I offer you easement and a purpose for your labor. If we share it, the yoke is easy, the burden light.” Matthew 11: 28-30

Lord, here I come. Here I am. Allow me to step into your presence; allow me to rest a moment, lay down too heavy burdens and breathe.

Forgive me for taking so long. Forgive me for trying to save myself. Every time I try it, I fail. Thank you for your promise to share the yokes of life. What joy there is to lay down what I purpose in my heart to pick up your purpose for my labor.

Now send me, Lord in Jesus name to tell others they do not have to carry the load all by themselves. You love us too much to make us bare these burdens alone. Praise God! Amen.

VMM

The Lenten Journey

Share your Lenten experiences and prayers in the comment section on this prayer blog. Share what you have discovered or learned in your expanded prayer moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment