Friday, February 19, 2010

Confession is Good. Forgiveness is Priceless


"If we confess out sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. " I John 1:9 (KJV)

Good Morning Lord,

Confession is good for the soul. I confess that giving up what I want to grasp what you have for me can be so hard to do. I confess that I want to desperately cling to things that don’t really matter instead of taking hold of what matters to eternity. I confess that my appetites have ruled and reigned too long. As I confess these struggles to you, be now faithful to forgive.

Forgiving God, I know lighting a fire in the desert can be difficult. There is struggle. There is smoke that chokes the throat and stings the eyes. Tears follow. In the end, there is finally a flame.

Help me to light your consuming fire. It may be difficult and hard to start. O Lord, there may even be tears. But, in the end, in Jesus name let me be able to proclaim that you, Our God is a consuming fire. Amen.

THE LENTEN JOURNEY

The Lenten season 2010, a journey to the heart of God, has just begun. This is the 40 day period between Ash Wednesday and Resurrection Sunday. It is a time of turning away from the usual and turning towards a unique opportunity to go deeper into a faith relationship with God. We begin with cleansing and confession. Asking God to cleanse our hearts, minds and souls. Purify the atmosphere of our homes and our motives. Confession precedes repentance. We turn away from what is not of God and go in God's direction.

Join the journey today. It includes daily prayer on this site; daily devotions and an audio message on www.thisisyourwakeupcallonline.com. Share your thoughts in the comment section. You can also email your prayer experiences and original prayers in a special section on this blog.

PRAYER EXPERIENCE

Grace and peace Bishop McKenzie,

I joined you over the summer for praycation, and did not miss a day of reading and journaling. I just wanted you to know as a result, I have since lost 45 pounds, and started a mother/daughter ministry to help build stronger bonds in this dynamic yet sometimes static relationship! I'm excited about all that is happening, and just wanted to take a moment to let you know how inspired I am by your ministry! Thank you, and I love you! Keep being as intellectual, spiritual and beautiful as you are! Watching how God is using you, and am open to Him using me to bless others!

I have joined you for the Lenten season, and anticipate going "Deeper in God!!!!" I am looking forward to all the added blessings.

Love, His child

Rev. D. Bailey


No comments:

Post a Comment