Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Call to Silence


Lord, thank you for the call to silence, to be still to hear what cannot be heard over the noise of daily living. Clear away any debris that hinders or block you from my heart. Forgive my disobedience, my falling away, falling in love with the things temporal more than things eternal.

Let’s begin again! Lord, awaken my spirit in the presence of the Holy Spirit to a new moment in my spiritual landscape. Guide my thoughts, feelings, imagination, memory, words and actions today; no longer going my own way conformed to this world but transformed by the renewing of my mind and the call to a refreshing silence. In Jesus name, Amen.

VMM

Selah: Stop Here Before Moving Forward

Selah is Hebrew directive from the book of Psalms to musicians and singers to pause, consider this, stop, weigh carefully before moving forward. Here is your Selah for this Lenten morning:

Each day this week clear a space for quiet solitude with God. Choose a place with little distraction. Turn off everything with an on and off switch. Relax. Breathe. Breath deeply. Let yourself flow with and in the Spirit. Listen intently to what rises - thoughts, feelings, things that come to mind, concerns or cares. If there are any areas you feel overwhelmed, out of control, or weak, write them down in your journal for consideration later on.

Lent is about many things. It is a time for clearing away the clutter to be totally available to God. Seleh

VMM

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry I missed this reading in the morning. I will use it tonight as a way to calm down and focus on God after my busy day.

    Thank you for the blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...Call to silence. this is where i am in my spiritual walk. our society is too wordy, hence the evolution of social networking. all that matters is the Word of God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seleh. thanks for this one too. As i've been told to tarry at a place of fasting and prayer.

    ReplyDelete