Monday, August 8, 2011

Speak Lord

DAY EIGHT

When we are silent, we can hear things that we have pushed to the back of our minds. When we are silent after prayer or reading God’s Word, we hear God speaking to our heart of hearts things we don’t hear because we’re so busy. It’s hectic out there and it is also hectic on the inside of us.

Silence can be powerful. It’s Praycation, our annual August break from the ordinary. Be silent for 31 seconds everyday after prayer, 31 seconds praising God or the reading of God’s Word. Engage in active listening. Speak Lord, your servants are listening!

“… a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;”

Ecclesiastes 3:7

Lord, reveal your truth to me as I turn away from every distraction to turn towards you in silence.

Remember to breathe! Exhale, Lord I need you. Inhale, Lord I receive you. Exhale, Lord I am silent. Inhale, Lord, speak to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment