Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Sacrificial Love

DAY TWENTY-THREE

What does a good day look like? Perhaps it is a day when you get to indulge, pamper or promote yourself. In God’s economy, a good day is when you give instead of taking, serve instead of being served or consider others better than yourselves.

Our culture tells us grab all the gusto we can because life is not a dress rehearsal. God’s Word tells us if you lose your life, you’ll find it, deny yourself and have the time of your life; the least is the greatest and the first will be last and the last first.

“Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than themselves.”

Philippians 2:3

Lord, forgive me for the times I have succumbed to a self-indulgent, self-ambitious conceited lifestyle and fill my heart with a sacrificial love to serve instead of being served.

1 comment:

  1. Yes Lord, forgive me. Be it done unto me according to Your Word.

    ReplyDelete