Monday, August 29, 2011

An Inner Stillness

DAY TWENTY-NINE

I remember when my brother called to tell me that my father was in the midst of transition from life to death. It was early in the morning before the birds would sing at the rising of the sun.

Instead of quiet anxiety an inner stillness took over. In that moment it was the still small voice of God that spoke to my heart..." when your father and mother forsake you, I will take you up." It was in that moment that I began to know God in a new and marvelous way.

No matter what happens today pursue the inner stillness instead of quiet anxiety that leads to divine revelation. It is an absolute necessity to your growing knowledge of God.

“Their strength is to sit still.”

Isaiah 30:7

Lord, create in me an inner stillness so that I may know you in new and marvelous ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment