Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Drink Deeply

DAY THIRTY-ONE

Surely you have heard it said before in previous generations “You don’t miss your water until the well runs dry.” Many people take water for granted until there is too much water or too little. When there is not enough water to drink the body craves liquid nourishment. Thirst becomes a powerful motivator pushing you to seek satisfaction and survival.

Jesus was teaching at the Feast of Tabernacle in the gospel of John. It commemorated God’s gift of rain and the exodus. For seven days an impressive possession carried water to the temple. The water was poured on the altar.

On the final day of celebration Jesus stood at a critical moment and said, “If a man is thirsty, let him come to me and drink. (John 7: 37-39) The Lord presents himself as the ultimate source of the believer’s life.

The people who drink from the ceremonial waters will be thirsty again. Only Jesus satisfies. Everyone who comes and drinks the water that He gives will never thirst. (John 4: 13) Come beloved drink deeply!

For the past 31 days, you have come to Praycation to drink from the word of God, pray, praise, study and be silent in the presence of the Lord. We take a Praycation because it is a needed break from the ordinary just like a vacation is a step away from routine activities. It creates space to reflect and restore before your well runs dry of water. It has been a refreshing journey to help us end one season before beginning another.

It is my prayer that you have been blessed. I hope that Praycation has propelled you into your own quest to drink from the waters the Lord offers to us. If you are just starting or your started and stopped…never fear. Just go back into the journey archived on this site. Drink deeply!

I will continue to share my prayers and the prayers of others on our Selah/Praycation blog. I will lead a prayer intensive again at the beginning of he season of Advent in November.

You are invited to join us early Thursday morning, September 1, 2011 for our final Praycation Summer Conference Call. You can share your prayer experiences on the call or in the comment section on this site. Just call 1-218-936-2800, access code 812713 at 6 AM CDT/ 7 AM EDT for prayer, testimony and study.

~

“Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.”

John 7: 37-38

Lord, I come to drink deeply from the only source who can quench my thirst for righteousness and become a fountain of living water like a spring whose waters will not fail.

Now, let us sing this praise song:

"I've got a river of life flowing out of me! Makes the lame to walk, and the blind to see. Opens prison doors, sets the captives free! I've got a river of life flowing out of me! Spring up, O well, within my soul! Spring up, O well, and make me whole! Spring up, O well, and give to me that life abundantly."

VMM

1 comment:

  1. Joy is the effect
    The newness in me
    Steadfast in my faith
    Encouraged to see

    Soften in heart
    Solutions to change
    Connected to God’s grace
    Filling the empty space

    Waking words that inspired
    More prayer required
    Lessons sent from above
    The awe of God’s love

    I thank you dear Bishop
    For the labor of your call
    That have molded my spirit
    To see Gods all

    ReplyDelete