Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Praycation - DAY FIFTHTEEN


There are some things in all of our lives we just need to let well enough alone. We don’t give our scrapes, bruises, or wounds time to heal. We keep checking on it in our minds. It’s called worrying. We pick at the scare tissue forming around the edges of a former crisis in conversation. We may invite others to share the pain at our personal private pity parties. We may bleed all over our social network outlets letting the world see our wounds. Sometimes, we just need to let the paint dry before we walk on the floor!

Faith is the substance of the things we’re hoping for even when we cannot see it. Faith often requires us to leave some things alone. We can entrust the issues and injuries to God, even the self-inflicted wounds. Faith to believe that God can bring us out even when by our own actions we paint ourselves into a corner.

Put your hands up and step away from the issue!  Give God and the healing process time to work. God knows our circumstances and will work at the right time in the right way on our behalf. God doesn’t need us to get in the way when God is working on our future. O Lord, help me to get out of the way so that you can have your way in my life!

“Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes.”
Psalms 37:7
Let us pray: 
Lord, today I get out of the way and entrust the entanglements and perplexities of my life into your hands. In Jesus name amen.

Praycation 2012 – The Transformed Life
Have you tried the steps of Praycation 2012 yet? If so, how has your prayer life been blessed? If not, it is so easy to do. The steps are: Silence – be sill and listen for the voice of God. Solitude – make space to be alone with God. Submission – surrender everything into the hands of God. Service – put feet to your prayers by doing what God says do. Selah – stop, look and listen before moving forward by reading the daily message and praying the simple sentence prayer.

Share your prayer experiences in the comment section on this site. Subscribe and invite others o do the same.
VMM

3 comments:

  1. Lord, I thank you that you are there in my life to take my worries and place them into you hands! I praise you Lord for being my burden bearer and sorrow sharer! Into yours hands I place my life! In the name of Jesus...Amen!

    Once again Bishop, God has given you a mighty word! Bless you! - Sis. Brandy, Exhorter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bishop thank you for this. It has helped in my current situation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Be Still and know that I am God." I am reminded each day as I participate in Pracation, and implement the discipline of journalling each scripture, each prayer, each thought and revealation from God...that God is God, and every plan and purpose He has for my life, my love ones lives...are His business. Which means that I am always on His agenda, which is the same for Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow. Yes Bishop, I am grateful for your ministry, and I look forward to each day to see how God is going to speak in our lives. Many Blessings P. Myria

    ReplyDelete