Thursday, August 16, 2012

Praycation - DAY SIXTEEN


How do you prepare yourself for God to do amazing things in your life? We could knock on the door of God’s heart and it will open or we could seek what we want from God in prayer and find it.

When Joshua and the Israelites were at the Jordan River, they had to get ready to possess the promise of God. For 40 years they have been moving towards that promise.

They didn’t sharpen their swords, check their shields or pack their gear. They were told to consecrate themselves. Pay attention to God. Draw closer to God. Be prepared on the inside and outside. Wash yourselves and your clothes because God is getting ready to amazing things…tomorrow.

Our 21st century preparation ought to be similar. Be set apart for the service of God. Seek to bring honor to the name of Jesus Christ. Be identified with God and be not conformed to the pattern of this world. Pay attention. Draw closer. Be prepared inside and out. It is as the hymn writer declared: Take my life and let I be, consecrated Lord to thee.
“Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the Lord will do amazing things among you”
Joshua 3:5
Let us pray:
Here I am Lord, consecrate me now to your service and prepare me for the amazing things you will do in my life…tomorrow. In Jesus name, amen.
PRAYCATION 2012 - THE TRANSFORMED LIFE
Remember to subscribe to Praycation and invite others to do the same! Just click on the subscribe icon on this site.It's free. As we head into the final days of summer, take Praycation with you on your vacation, staycation or workcation!
Share you thoughts in the comments section. 
VMM

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Bishop for this mighty word! Please keep me in your prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to be ready for what Fod is going to do in my life tomorrow!! Stay tuned Bishop!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Letting the LORD direct my plans for the day, and then my working the plan; is going to be crucial to my success in His Kingdom, my schooling, vocation ... my life!
    Day 24, a powerful push for me.
    P. Myria

    ReplyDelete