Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Praycation - DAY FOURTEEN


I received a text from an old friend yesterday that read “I’m finally debt free!” The credit card bills were finally down to zero. Now, that may not sound like a big deal to you but to those who live daily with mounting credit card debt on one or more cards, that is a major victory.

Credit Card companies work overtime to make you believe that the kind of credit card you use makes all the difference in the world. So they tell you “Don’t leave home without it”, or “There are some things money can’t buy but for everything else there is MasterCard.” Or “It’s everywhere you want to be.” Or “It pays to Discover” and then ask you “What’s in your wallet?”

These tag lines are designed to seduce you to spend what you don’t have and haven’t earned yet. They are really good at what they do just ask those who find themselves living their lives on credit.

The truth of the matter is “I owe, I owe, its off to work I go.” We can either become slaves to this kind of credit or masters of our spending, saving, planning and dreaming. It is hard to serve two masters. “No one can serve twin masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be loyal to the one and have contempt for the other.” (Matthew 6:24)

Now having a credit card is not a bad deal as long as you strive to pay it off every 30 days or use it for emergencies.  It’s when it owns you instead of you owning it. Where are you in this credit thing? Are you slave or master?
How you handle hat’s in your wallet and checkbook is a good indication on where your loyalties lie. Where your treasure is there shall your heart be also. Touch your neighbor and say, “Lord help!”

Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be.”
Matthew 6:21 (NLT)
Let us pray:
Lord help me to be seduced by the things of God and not by the things of this world. Guide my spending and saving, giving and tithing today and everyday. In Jesus name, amen.

PRAYCATION
It's been two weeks of the Fourth Annual Praycation. How is it working for you? Have you increased your prayer time? Has the Lord moved in your life in a special way? Has God answered your prayers? Share your prayer expereinces in the comment section whether your have been on Praycation for two weeks or just two days. 
Remember to subscribe and share this site with others. It's free! 
VMM

2 comments:

  1. What a mighty word Bishop!!! Praise the Lord!!! This really has helped me! - Sis. Brandy Dudley, Exhorter

    ReplyDelete
  2. This praycation has been God sent for me. I'm sure others can say the same. It has helped me through the loss of my sister in law, prepared me for the sending off of my oldest son to college( next week). God has been leading me to higher hieghts! There is nothing like being in love with Jesus, he will turn ur dark nights into morning. Great is thy faithfulness. Thank u Jesus. Evangelist Tina

    ReplyDelete