Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Forgiveness is Priceless

“The Work of following Christ is like working with a psychotherapist who has a clear insight into what is wrong with us. With incredible accuracy, God puts his finger on exactly the spot that needs attention at the precise time in our spiritual growth. If we are hanging on one last shred of possessiveness, he comes along and says, often through some person or event, “Won’t you give this to me?”

Thomas Keating Invitation to Love

Eternal and all wise God, I release everything and everyone into your care. I’ve held on to stuff so long I forgot to trust you, the one from whom all blessings flow. Forgive me for trying to take your place to do things beyond my mortal resume.

Thank you for putting your divine finger in the exact place on my spiritual landscape that needs attention. Thank you for waiting until the moment was ripe for intervention. I appreciate how you confirmed through others it was time to let go. Yes Lord, I give you everything and everyone trusting you leaning not unto my own understanding. In Jesus name, Amen.

ASH WEDNESDAY

The season of Lent begins today. Traditionally, Lent begins a 40 day journey from today to Resurrection or Easter Sunday. Today is the day we repent of our sins and return to our first love, Jesus Christ. In an Ash Wednesday service, ashes may be placed on the forehead of believers as a sign or symbol of our mortality and repentance.

This year your are invited to follow the pathway of faith with daily prayers posted on this site, daily messages at www.thisisyourwakeupcallonline.com written by several authors as well as my audio messages. Information about the Daniel Fast by Rev. Roderick Belin is also available at that site.

Every Thursday morning at 7 AM EST/6AM CST, you are invited to join me in a special conference call. It will feature a Lenten Lesson plus prayer. In will only take a minute to power up for the day! Call on Thursday 1-218-936-2800, code 812713.

Subscribe today and receive your daily prayers in your email inbox! Invite others to join.

No comments:

Post a Comment