Saturday, March 12, 2011

Early Will I Seek Thee


"O God, Thou art my God. Early will I seek thee…"
Psalm 63:1
O God, I come to you in the darkness of the morning
I come just as I am starting to hear the birds singing praise to you
I come before the phone starts to ring, before messages are texted or tweeted
I come to You, O God, before the flood of emails and voicemails
I come before I remember tasks left undone from yesterday
I come before the uncertainty of tomorrow becomes fear
I come before I try to live out my own plan
I come before temptation ripens
I come to You, O God, before competing voices can influence
I come before I can mistake my thoughts for Your voice
I come before I can remember all I want from you and all I want you to do for me
I come, early in this morning, to say I love You and I thank You for loving me
Thank you for giving me this day – now, I give it back to you: live today in me live through me love through me bless through me empower through me rescue through me give joy through me O God, I come to you in the darkness of the morning, like Jesus did, to make your will my will.
In His name, AMEN
Roderick Dwayne Belin
www.ibelin.me
MORNING, NOON AND NIGHT
Saturday, March 12, 2011
"Be patient, therefore beloved, until the coming of the Lord."
James 5: 7
Today, pray for those who are waiting for an answer.
Sunday, March 13, 21011
"...Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison..."
Matthew 25: 44
Today, pray for those who are in prison and waiting for someone to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment