Saturday, September 10, 2011

Live Beyond Your Worries

Sometimes the worse thing you can say to someone is "Stop worrying. It's going to be alright". The person may believe you for a moment but go right back to worrying. Try this. Encourage the person to give their worry to God. Invite them to take their hands off the worry and let God handle it this time. Surely, its worth a try.

Therefore I tell you, stop being perpetually uneasy (anxious and worried) about your life, what you shall eat or what you shall drink, or about your body, what you shall put on.” Matthew 6: 25-27

Gracious God, thank you for loving me even when I wasn’t loveable. Thank you for caring about me and showing me in so many different ways. You are the provider of all my needs and you are generous with your gifts.

Forgive me for being consumed with worry. I’ve allowed worry to sneak into my life stealing joy, peace and happiness. Worry has worn me out. I do not have the energy to dwell on your Word or the concerns of the community.

Help me to live beyond my worries and focus on your Word. Deliver me from myself so that no matter what is going on, I will remain calm trusting you to handle the day. Deliver me so that I’m free to enjoy the joy of my salvation.

In Jesus name, I place everything into your hands. Amen.

VMM

No comments:

Post a Comment