Friday, September 23, 2011

Finger the Exact Spot

This is Intercessory Prayer Week. Today we stand in the gap for those who are struggling to find what needs attention in their spiritual growth. We pray for those who need to let go of something so that they can grab ahold of the things of God

“The Work of following Christ is like working with a psychotherapist who has a clear insight into what is wrong with us. With incredible accuracy, God puts his finger on exactly the spot that needs attention at the precise time in our spiritual growth. If we are hanging on one last shred of possessiveness, he comes along and says, often through some person or event, “Won’t you give this to me?”

Thomas Keating in Invitation to Love

~

“O the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways. (Romans 11:33)

Eternal and all wise God, we stand in the gap for those who are struggling with what to hold on to and what to release. We pray that they will be able to release everything and everyone into your care.

They have held on to stuff too long. Lord, you know there have been seasons where we have done the same.

Have they forgotten to trust you, the one from whom all blessings flow. Forgive me and us for trying to take your place to do things beyond our mortal resume.

Thank you for putting your divine finger in the exact spot on our spiritual landscape. Thank you for showing us what needs my undivided attention. Your things had gotten lost in our things, the things of this world. Thank you for waiting until the moment was ripe for intervention.

We appreciate today how you confirmed through others it was time to let go. Yes Lord, we give this to you. We give you everything and everyone trusting you leaning not unto my own understanding.

In Jesus name, Amen.

VMM

2 comments:

  1. This was certainly a blessing to me. In the last 24 hours, I've felt more stuck than ever. Trying to figure out how, once and for all, I can be in the place God promised I'd be career-wise. So tired of being under-appreciated, exploited and under-compensated for my talents and knowledge. I just want to be where God wants me to be. Please pray that I'd find the right path and that I go after it, trusting God along the way.

    ReplyDelete