Monday, April 23, 2012

The Divine Encounter

Dear God,
I cannot begin this day without spending time in your presence. I cannot rush to be with you and then quickly move away. I cannot come to the prayer place and not be ready to encounter you. I command my spirit to receive what you will give to me. Amen

Dr. Jessica Ingram
Supervisor, 10th Episcopal District AMEC
Author, The Journey Within
Journeyministry@aol.com


Prayer Quote


"Is the Son of God praying in me, or am I dictating to Him?....Prayer is not simply getting things from God, that is a most initial form of prayer; prayer is getting into perfect communion with God. If the Son of God is formed in us by regeneration, He will press forward in front of our common sense and change our attitude towards the things about which we pray."

Oswald Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment