Thursday, January 7, 2010

Words Matter


Gracious God, today forgive me for the moments when I’ve used words in a manner that did not honor you. My words were not as pleasing, as I wanted them to be. Negative rolled off my tongue instead of positive. Cutting remarks slashed their way to the heart of others. Truth that should have been spoken in love was spoken in anger. The push to have the last word has alienated me from friends and family.

Lord, help me today to use my words for right and good things. Help me to be slow to speak and swift to hear. Show me how to repair the breach in my relationships. In the name of Jesus, help me to change what I think because it will change what I say, lest I sin against you. Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord my strength and my redeemer. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment