Wednesday, November 4, 2009

IN MY DISTRESS


Lord in my distress I call out to you. I find an assurance that this too shall pass in the stillness of each moment. I wait for your reply to my call without anxiety but with anticipation of an outcome that would restore peace where it has been lost, bring hope where it seems to have faded and serve as a guide for the road I must continue to travel. Lord show up strong as you have done countless times leaving absolutely no doubt that you are indeed God alone. I remain in peace because I know that this prayer has reached your ears and it is hallelujah I cry now because you have relieved my distress, the glory is yours and vindication mine-through Jesus I pray with total belief! Amen (Ps 18:6)

Submitted by:
Rev. Deborah D. Jenkins


NEW NAME, NEW LOOK, NEW CONTENT AND SAME MINISTRY!

Praycation has a new name. It's Selah meaning to stop here before moving forward. In a few weeks we will have a new look. This will still be the place for prayer, sharing your prayers, prayer experiences and prayer quotes. This will also be the place for us to learn, grow and practice our spiritual disciplines. Subscribe today and invite others to do the same.

ADVENT

The season of Advent will begin right after Thanksgiving. In preparation for the celebration of the birth of Christ, please share your Advent meditations, Advent prayers, Advent activities, favorite hymns, family rituals, photos and recipes. Start sending them now to www.praycation2@gmail.com. Let's prepare ourselves during the coming Advent season to celebrate Christ not just celebrate materialism.

VMM

1 comment:

  1. Advent Meditations by John E. Windell includes short story illustrations based on the Revised Common Lectionary scriptures for each day of Advent.

    ReplyDelete