Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Washing Day

DAY THREE

There is a joy that comes from the moments we confess our sins, receive forgiveness and give, praising God and praying. Praycation today takes us to Psalm 51 where David cries out to God to be washed, cleansed and purged. He had trudge around in sin and felt filthy. He longed to taste again the sweet fellowship with God like in his early years.

Take time this week in your 31 minutes of study to read Psalm 51. Walk slowly through each passage confessing as God restores unto you the joy of salvation giving you a spirit to sustain you. (Verse 12)

“Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin.”

Psalm 51: 2

Lord, create in me a clean heart, renew a right spirit and restore unto me the joy of salvation today.

3 comments:

  1. I sooo needed this today! My morning was hectic. I did not get to my 5-6 a.m. quiet time; felt like I had failed in this endeavor to draw closer to the Lord. I thank God for this devotion. It has encourged me to talk to God, to confess my distractions, to receive His forgiveness, and to keep moving forward!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I truly need this Word for today. I want that clean heart and I need the joy of a right spirit within. I'm tired, weary--barely hanging on. HELP! "Lord, I need You at this moment." *exhale* "Lord, I receive You now." *inhale*

    ReplyDelete
  3. This month is one of guidance. Today's posting is right on! It brings to mind the song, "Take Me Back" - Take me back Dear Lord, to the place where I first recieved You...Where I first believed! J. Daniels in Louisiana

    ReplyDelete