Friday, August 26, 2011

No Never

DAY TWENTY-SIX

My Lord God,

I have no idea where I am going. I do not see the road ahead of me. I cannot know for certain where it will end. Nor do I really know myself, and the fact that I think I am following your will does not mean that I am actually doing so. But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please You. And I hope I have that desire in all that I am doing. I hope that I will never do anything apart from that desire. And I know that, if I do this, You will lead me by the right road, though I may know nothing about it. Therefore I will trust You always though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death. I will not fear, for You are ever with me, and You will never leave me to face my perils alone.

Thomas Merton

Thoughts in Solitude (pg. 83)

“Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”

Hebrews 13: 5 (Deuteronomy 31: 6)

Hallelujah Lord, you are my never changing Christ in an ever-changing world never leaving me to face my perils alone.

2 comments:

  1. Never has something written, not by myself, so adequately expressed how I'm feeling daily on my christian walk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy is the effect
    The newness in me
    Steadfast in my faith
    Encouraged to see

    Soften in heart
    Solutions to change
    Connected to God’s grace
    Filling the empty space

    Waking words that inspired
    More prayer required
    Lessons sent from above
    The awe of God’s love

    I thank you dear Bishop
    For the labor of your call
    That have molded my spirit
    To see Gods all

    ReplyDelete