Thursday, August 4, 2011

Consecration

DAY FOUR

You are to set yourself apart from evil and turn to the Lord. You are set apart by God for service in the kingdom of God.

Fanny Crosby hymn says that we have heard the voice of God and long to draw nearer. Having drawn nearer we pray “ Consecrate me now to Thy service, Lord, 
 By the power of grace divine; 
Let my soul look up with a steadfast hope, 
 And my will be lost in Thine.”

Praycation is a way to draw nearer to God and let God draw nearer to you. Set apart, you will fulfill God’s purpose.

“…offer yourselves to God, as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer the parts of your body to him as instruments of righteousness.”

Romans 6:13

Lord, I offer, yield, surrender, release and give myself, my soul, mind and body totally to you to be used as instruments of righteousness.

Breathing prayer: Exhale, Lord I need you. Inhale, Lord, I receive you. Exhale, Lord, I yield to you. Inhale, Lord consecrate me now.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for allowing Him to use you to minister to us this way.

    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the breathing prayer is the most powerful thing I've ever experienced! I can feel the presence of God right now! Thank you Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a way to foster unity within the body of Christ! I am praying for you, Bishop, and for all who are participating in this praycation. Indeed, Lord, draw us nearer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks be to God for you, my Soror. I stumbled upon your blog and have been particpating in this 31 journey. I'm inspired everyday. May the blessings of the Lord continue to be with you as you teach his Word.

    ReplyDelete