Saturday, August 8, 2009

Search, Know and Love

O God,
Search me, know me and love me. I turn my face to the wall to commune with You. Satisfy me with your steadfast love that I may rejoice and be glad all my days.

Come gently to my secret places where my intimate self dwells. Give me the confidence to lower the barriers carefully constructed to protect me from intrusion. Gaze upon the passionate landscape of my interior life; tend to my weary soul, renew my mind with your words and refresh my spirit with your presence.

Lead me to that place where my ears hear your voice more clearly; where my heart composes new songs; where my voice gathers the strength it needs to sing; where my mind finds the rest it needs from the jangling discords of life; where my eyes see you everywhere in everything and in everyone.

O God,
Search me, know me and love me. I turn my face to the wall to commune with You. In communion with you help me to celebrate the divine gift of Being
Being still
Being alive
Being in your presence.

In Your name, Amen
VMM

No comments:

Post a Comment