Monday, August 3, 2009

Fill me Again!

Let us Pray:

Lord, “Create in me a clean heart and renew a right spirit within me”! I am reminded in your word that you “desire truth in the most inward parts”, and so I come with this request from the depths of my heart, asking you to cleanse me, forgive me and fill me again!

I recognize, it is time for a thorough examination from you again! So dear Lord, “Search me”, and if you should find anything that is not of you, remove it immediately! I am in desperate need to have my heart washed and my spirit renewed! I am drowning in spiritual pain and am in dire need of rest today! My tears have become my bed pillow and my nights have been so restless--and my days so dark! I’m in a place of “fleeing” all the time! I find myself daily fleeing from your presence, fleeing from your Word, fleeing and running from worship, prayer and even fleeing from fellowship with other believers. I am so tired, and in such vital need of reconnecting and being filled again!

O Father, I am in need of a response today! Hear my prayer and fill me again! Fill me with the “joy of my salvation” again! Fill me with an appetite for your Word again! Fill me with a desire for fellowship again! Fill me with a zeal for prayer again! Fill me with a burning desire for your presence again! Fill me with your Holy Ghost power again! I need to feel your presence again! Now I say “thank you” in advance for what you’re doing right now for your Word says if I delight myself in you, you will give mes “the desires of my heart” so my desire today Lord is for you to fill me again and I will be so ever grateful for another clean heart and renewed spirit! Amen


Rev. Dianne Lewis Brown
Pastor of Administration & Ministry Development
St. Stephen Church
Louisville, KY/Jeffersonville, IN

2 comments:

  1. I especially like the end of this prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God from whom all blessings flow. May he flow in all of us life rivers of living water.
    God bless you Rev.Diane.

    ReplyDelete