Thursday, August 13, 2009

Eternity's Embrace

Let us prayer together:

In the quiet of the night
My soul reaches for you
I breathe deep
As I feel Eternity
Embracing me…
In the midnight hour
I whisper my prayer
Knowing that you hear me
I am able to close my eyes
As I breathe (inhale)
(exhale) Just breathe
Listening
As you speak
In a still small voice
That summons me
Down the path
Of my greatest good
As I journey
I see the manger
The cross
The tomb
And I rejoice as I
Dance
Just dance
Into the Light
of Eternity.
Amen
Inspired by: Luke 1:46-55 (NRSV)

Rev. Yolanda D. Lehman
Publisher, Ainta That Good News?!: A daily online Christian devotional that makes Good News easy to read and fun to share! © 2009
http://aintathatgoodnews.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. That was beautiful .. its best when all things are silent and u hear gods voice whisper in the nite .. my quiet time with God is when the babies are in bed and the lights and tv all noise ceases and that's when I begin to talk to the Lord .. I just joined this journey a few days ago and I have already been blessed I have committed myself to a lifestyle of prayer .. awaiting my change to come .. b blessed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lord for this awakening journey! All my senses seem to be heightened and responding to the longing in my heart to truly hear what You are saying! You have arrested my attention so sweetly to Your voice and caused my spirit to sing:
    "Open my ears, that I may hear
    Voices of truth Thou sendest clear;
    And while the wave notes fall on my ear,
    Everything false will disappear.
    Silently now I wait for Thee,
    Ready my God, Thy will to see,
    Open my ears, illumine me,
    Spirit divine!"
    Thank you for new clarity every day, Lord! For new vision,provision and purpose that allows me to concentrate on those things that honor You and You alone. I am grateful...truly grateful for this time set apart with you. Amen

    ReplyDelete