Monday, December 20, 2010

Just A Closer Walk

"Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous fall" Psalm 55:22

Heavenly Father, Help me to walk closer with You so I understand that Your love never fails and never fades. Help me walk closely so that I understand that I can only do what's possible and trust You to do what's impossible. Oh God, help me to walk closely so that when I've come to the end of my rope, I know that You can provide an extension. And Lord, help me to understand that I can only become closer to You by engaging in daily conversation with You; for daily prayer and continuous study of Your word diminishes many cares. For it is Your word that says, "Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous fall" (Psalm 55:22). For all these reasons Lord, I pray for a closer walk with You because I would rather walk with you in the dark than alone in the light. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Sister Erica Harbin , An excerpt from the book "And Then They Prayed...R.E.V.I.V.E." by Bishop James L. Davis and Supervisor Arelis B. Davis, 9th Episcopal District, AME Church


No comments:

Post a Comment