Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Friends

I want to thank you, Gracious Lord, for the good friends you give me; they are for me a priceless bounty. Thanks to them, friendship is neither an abstraction, nor a distant, almost impossible, dream. I owe to your providence, Lord, the possibility of counting on
 the constant help of friends. Between them and me you have formed a solid bridge that can withstand all threats of destruction. The happiness with which you have blessed us
 enables us to enrich one another.

Lord, there was something astonishing, 
almost mysterious, 
 in the way I met my friends; 
 it was always outside the expected pattern. But you alone know the reasons
 that drew us closer together. This surprise and joy are refreshing, and I experience them anew
 at every step of my life. Not all proved to be steadfast friends, but I have to thank you
 for the faithful ones.

I promise to do everything in my power
 to deserve this precious gift
 that you have reserved for me. I ask you, Gracious Lord, to keep them safe in your hands, for they are yours above all. Amen.

Ithca

No comments:

Post a Comment