Friday, April 6, 2012

Cross Confessions

"If we confess out sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. " I John 1:9 (KJV )

Good Morning Lord,

Confession is good for the soul. I confess that giving up what I want to grasp what you have for me can be so hard to do. I confess that I want to desperately cling to things that don’t really matter instead of taking hold of what matters to eternity. I confess that my appetites have ruled and reigned too long.

I confess that I have cheapened the cross experience, the cross-talk and the price you paid for the forgiveness of my sins. I confess that I have traded a rugged cross that was to be carried for a jeweled cross to be worn. As I confess these struggles to you, be now faithful to forgive.

Forgiving God, I know lighting a fire in the desert can be difficult. There is struggle. There is smoke that chokes the throat and stings the eyes. Tears follow. In the end, there is finally a flame.

Help me to light your consuming fire. It may be difficult and hard to start. O Lord, there may even be tears. But, in the end, in Jesus name let me be able to proclaim that you, Our God is a consuming fire. Amen.

VMM

So, I cling to the Old Rugged Cross......and exchange it someday for a crown!

No comments:

Post a Comment