Friday, July 8, 2011

The Sound of Silence

Hear my prayer, O Lord; let my cry come to you! Do not hide your face from me in the day of my distress! Incline your ear to me; answer me speedily in the day when I call!

Psalm 102:1-2

Lord, thank you for the call to silence, to be still for a moment to hear what cannot be heard over the noise of daily living. Clear away any debris that hinders or block You from our heart. Forgive our disobedience, our falling away, falling in love with the things temporal more than things eternal.

Let’s begin again! Lord, awaken our spirit in the presence of the Holy Spirit to a new moment in our spiritual landscape. Guide our thoughts, feelings, imagination, memory, words and actions today. Help us to no longer desire to go our own way conformed to this world but we desire to be transformed by the renewing of our minds and in the refreshing silence of your presence. In Jesus name, Amen.

VMM

No comments:

Post a Comment