Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Blind Spots


" O Lord, how do I let go when I'm so unsure of things? I'm unsure of your will, and I'm unsure of myself.... That really isn't a problem at all, is it? The truth of the matter is I hate the very idea of letting go. I really want to be in control. No, I need to be in control. That's it, isn't it? I'm afraid to give up control, afraid of what might happen. Heal my fear, Lord.

How good of you to reveal my blind spots even in the midst of my stumbling attempts to pray. Thank you!

But now what do I do? How do I give up control? Jesus, please, teach me your way of relinquishment. -Amen."

Richard J. Foster
Prayer
Finding The Heart's True Home


PRAYER QUOTE

"Prayer -secret, fervent, believing prayer-lies at the root of all personal godliness."
William Cary

SHARE PRAYERS

The season of Advent begins soon. This is the season of preparing ourselves, souls and families for the celebration of the birth of Christ. You can help us do this by sharing your prayers, prayer experiences, thoughts or meditations with us. Send them to www.praycation2@gmail.com today.

THANKSGIVING

What are you thankful for this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment